Tag: qm社区登录不了

  • Media censorship facilitates Thai military coup

    first_img to go further Covid-19 emergency laws spell disaster for press freedom News After the failure of talks between the opposing political factions, the Thai army announced in a nationally televised message yesterday that it was taking control of the government “in order for the country to return to normality quickly.” The television networks are now limited to relaying news and information from the army (see video). Foreign network transmissions have been blocked nationwide. Thai Public Broadcasting Service (TPBS), a public network, tried to broadcast its programs via YouTube, but was shut down by military personnel, who then arrested the network’s deputy director, Wanchai Tantiwithayapitak. May 12, 2021 Find out more May 23, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Media censorship facilitates Thai military coup News Thai premier, UN rapporteurs asked to prevent journalists being returned to Myanmar ThailandAsia – Pacific ThailandAsia – Pacific RSF_en Receive email alerts News Help by sharing this information June 12, 2020 Find out more News Follow the news on Thailand August 21, 2020 Find out more The announcement came after four more TV stations (including Voice TV and Hot TV) and six community radio stations yesterday joined the list of 10 TV stations previously closed by the military.Political comments by analysts and academics have been partially banned, while programmes in which commentators participate cannot be broadcast live. At the end of the day, the soldiers stationed outside certain news media received orders to leave, but without giving these media permission to resume broadcasting freely.In their eighth official communiqué, the armed forces told social networks that to avoid closure, they should remove “distorted” content or content liable to “cause misunderstanding or fuel conflicts.” Together with the Peace and Order Maintaining Command (POMC), a new entity created by the military, the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) invited Internet Service Providers to form a group with the job of censoring the Internet. The NBTC said only content affecting “public order and peace” would be censored, to avoid violating fundamental freedoms.“We are outraged by the way the military took control of the media with what now turns out to have been the aim of misleading the public and facilitating its coup d’état,” said Benjamin Ismaïl, the head of the Reporters Without Borders Asia-Pacific desk.“After forcing TV stations to broadcast its press releases and saying it did not intend to seize power, the army is now trying to silence all criticism by suppressing independent reporting and unfavourable comments in the media and on the Internet. We call for the immediate end to these censorship policies and the lifting of all the repressive measures adopted since 20 May.”Four media associations – the Thai Journalists Association, the Thai Broadcasting Journalists Association, the National Press Council of Thailand and the News Broadcasting Council of Thailand – issued a joint statement calling on the POMC to reconsider its censorship orders and urging journalists to be careful and responsible in their news coverage.The announcement of the military takeover came two days after the declaration of martial law on 20 May, when soldiers stormed into at least ten TV stations and ordered them to stop broadcasting to prevent “distorted” reports. Amid turmoil and opposition protests often targeting news media last December, Reporters Without Borders did an evaluation of the state of media freedom in Thailand and the threats to its news providers. It concluded by urging the security forces and protesters not to target journalists and media workers, regardless of the political position of the media employing them.Thailand is ranked 130th out of 180 countries in the 2014 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index. Organisation Red alert for green journalism – 10 environmental reporters killed in five yearslast_img read more

  • Derry man who trained in Syria bailed on grenade charge

    first_img 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Twitter Facebook Facebook A Judge has ruled that a Derry man accused of having a grenade and being trained in weapons and explosives in Syria is to be released on bail.25 year old Eamon Bradley, of Melmore Gardens, was arrested in November amid claims he took part in battles against IS and President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.Defence lawyers described him as a “dreamer” who posed no public danger.As part of his bail conditions, he must live with his grandmother and cannot use the internet or mobile phones. Google+ Previous articleKeating and Donelon join finn harps on loan for new seasonNext articleDeignan continues steady start in the tour of Oman News Highland Twitter Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Derry man who trained in Syria bailed on grenade charge RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firecenter_img Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th WhatsApp WhatsApp By News Highland – February 19, 2015 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Google+ Pinterest Homepage BannerNewslast_img read more

  • Police in Nevada Reveal New Details About Episode That Left 4 Dead

    first_imgThe episode began around 11 a.m. Tuesday, when the police were called to an apartment complex on Stonelake Cove Avenue, officials said. The caller had heard gunshots and had seen someone with a possible gunshot wound in a doorway, the police said.When officers arrived at the complex, they found two women in their 30s who had been fatally shot, the police said Wednesday. They also found a 16-year-old girl who had been shot but was alive, the police said. “As officers attempted a de-escalation dialogue with the suspect, the suspect held his firearm to the juvenile’s head, resulting in an officer-involved shooting,” the police said in a statement on Wednesday.The 12-year-old boy and Mr. Bourne both died at the scene, the police said. The police said they had determined that Mr. Bourne had fired “multiple rounds inside the vehicle.”The police did not say how many shots had been fired or by whom they had been fired. It was also unclear what had led to the initial shootings, but they said Mr. Bourne had lived in the apartment above the victims’. The names of the victims were not released.- Advertisement – Officer Katrina Farrell, a spokeswoman for the Police Department, said the matter was “still under investigation” and declined to provide more information. There is police body-camera footage from the episode, and that is “typically” released within a week or two, she said. The killings took place at a three-story building at an apartment complex, the Douglas at Stonelake, that one resident, Amber Belmonte, said was generally quiet.She counted more than two dozen marked police vehicles in addition to unmarked vehicles, fire trucks and ambulances at the scene on Tuesday.Generally, she said, life is uneventful at the complex. “I imagined the only thing I was going to stress about was the election,” she said. – Advertisement – It started with a call to the police in Henderson, Nev., on Tuesday about a shooting at an apartment complex. It ended with four people dead, including a suspected gunman and a 12-year-old boy.On Wednesday, the police released additional details about the episode, including the circumstances in which they fired at the gunman, who they believed had taken the boy hostage after killing two women.- Advertisement – Then, the police said, the officers found the gunman, a resident of the complex whom they identified as Jason Neo Bourne, 38. He was “barricaded in a nearby vehicle” and holding a boy hostage.- Advertisement –last_img read more

  • Davenport Speedway season opener set for Friday

    first_imgDAVENPORT, Iowa – The battle for 2016 track championships will begin this Friday, April 22, with the Davenport Speedway season opener.All four weekly classes, Petersen Plumbing & Heating IMCA Late Models, Eriksen IMCA Modi­fieds, Koehler Electric Street Stocks and the Hawkeye Auto IMCA Northern SportMods, will be in action on the 1/4-mile dirt oval. The weekly classes will be joined this Friday by the 4-Stock divi­sion.The defending track champions at the Davenport Speedway are: Late Model, Justin Kay; Modi­fied, Bruce Hanford; Northern SportMod, Tony Olson; Street Stock, Perry Gellerstedt; and 4-Stock, Brandon Dahl.Davenport Speedway is located at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, on West Locust Street in Davenport. Pit gates open Friday at 4:30 p.m. with hot laps at 6 p.m. and racing at 6:30 p.m.For additional information on DRT TRAK Racing events, visit www.davenportspeedway.com or call 563 652-5302.last_img read more